Abyss of the Old Ones
|Name||Abyss of the Old Ones|
|History||9/17/2018 - 10/1/2018|
Cardify Skills are disabled.
The Boss Cthulhu (Abyss) is weak to and Confusion.
Eldritch Cards deal an additional 20% Damage in the Dungeon.
- Cthulhu's Preemptive Attack will attack the Party. He'll then inflict Damage UP and random Status Effects.
- Cthulhu can be a REALLY annoying boss depending on what you do. But you'll have to deal with his two main gimmicks:
- His first gimmick is that he can Steal your Shields!.
- When Cthulhu Steals your Shield, he'll apply an improved version of it that's often Unbreakable and lasts the entire Turn. (Pay attention to when the Shield is applied to react accordingly.)
- However, this also means he can Steal his own Damage UP effect! Take advantage of this!
- It's best to avoid using ANY type of Shield unless you want to make things more difficult.
- Be careful if you're using Status Reflect or Status Immunity Shields as it could work against you!
- For his second gimmick, Cthulhu will continually Charge up every Turn. After 3 Turns, he'll reach LvMAX Charge and unleash a powerful Release attack on the next turn!
- Inflict Confusion to get him to freeze his Charges. However, by doing this, he'll apply a Enhance Absorption Shield. (It's got Overwrite Disabled attached, but it IS breakable.)
- This also has the unfortunate side effect of Cthulhu not Stealing your Shields so long as the Enhance Absorb Shield remains. If the Shield isn't broken, it will become Unbreakable and you'll either need to inflict Confusion to bypass it or overwrite it with Damage UP.
- You will have to deal with his Release attack eventually, so make sure you're fully Healed! You can also Debuff his ATK to reduce the damage it does.
- He also loves to spam random Status Effects to the Party. He can even inflict a Sustained Debuff effect that Debuffs you and inflicts a random Status Effect every turn!
- Status Clearing cards are a must! Cthulhu will also follow up on his Preemptive Attack on Turn 1 by greatly Debuffing targets who have Status Effects.
- On higher difficulties, he'll get really annoying and use a number of Unbreakable Shields as well as some that have Overwrite Disabled (denoted by the Lock icon) if he Steals Shields. Try to pay close attention when the Shield is applied!
- Shield Breakers and Anti-Shield Cards are highly recommended as a result.
- Be wary of Debuffing Cthulhu too much; if his Stats get too far in the Negatives, he'll Reverse the Party's Buffs! (High chance of this happening if his Negative Stats exceed his Positive Stats.)
Outer Gods Difficulty
- Cthulhu gets a few changes for this Difficulty.
- His Preemptive Attack now breaks Shields and and Debuffs -3 to all Stats. It also does a fair bit more damage than previous difficulties. The Party still gets Damage UP applied as before.
- Make Healing up and clearing Status Effects your top priority after the Preempt, or Cthulhu will greatly Debuff you!
- Cthulhu's Release attack now deals FATAL damage (INSTANT DEATH) if allowed to go off. Confusion cards are a must to keep Cthulhu from Charging!
- Because of this, the fight is essentially on a strict time limit since if the Release attack goes off, the Party wipes. On average, you probably have 3-6 Turns to beat him.
- Because of the need to Confuse Cthulhu frequently, he won't be Stealing Shields quite as much. Shield Breakers are a must to break the Enhance Absorb Shield!
- Green Stab
- Confusion Cards
- Status Clearing
- Shield Breaker/Anti-Shield
- Debuff Cards
Special Sub Cards
When you clear the Dungeon, the Book of the King in Yellow may drop from the Dungeon Chest.
You'll need 12 copies each to evolve one fully to from SS to SSS.
|Card||Sub Skill Description|
|Book of the King in Yellow||When Main Card's Skill Activates, (10/20/33%) Chance to Prevent Enhance Linking.|
Accumulated Point Rewards
Unlike most other Special Events, the Points you accumulated are split into two.
The first is an accumulated point total that keep tracks of all the Points you've gained total, while the other you can use to spend on fodder.
Once you've reached the appropriate Point Total, you can obtain the reward associated with it.
- 3 Black Medals for 10,000 P (Obtainable up to 3 times.)
- 150 Dragon Medals for 7,500 P (Obtainable up to 3 times.)
There's a Special Mission for this Dungeon that you can complete to get a special Title.
|"Servant of the King in Yellow"||Defeat Cthulhu on Outer Goods Difficulty in 5 Turns.|
- Not much to say on this one, you'll very likely get it given the fight is on a strict time limit.
Treasure Rewards & Points Earned
|Difficulty||Points Earned||Treasure Reward|
探索者級 (24 STP)
|3000||10 Black Medals|
奉仕種族級 (60 STP)
|8000||200 Dragon Medals|
旧き神々級 (72 STP)
|10000||10 Black Medals|
旧支配者級 (96 STP)
|15000||200 Dragon Medals|
異形の神々級 (132 STP)
|45000||3x Goddess Fairies|
外なる神々級 (168 STP)